Friday, May 3, 2013

Down Memory Lane

It has happened again… I’m all excited about spring getting here and the weather being warmer.  Easter has pasted, it’s not Memorial Day yet.  Oh yeah, that’s right Mother’s day is just around the corner.  Time to rack my brain to figure out what that perfect gift she can’t live without is.  That is where I always get stumped, it’s been that way for years and bless her heart she has gotten some really bad gifts over the years that I just knew she had to have and would love.

 I remember one year in particular that my family and I still laugh about.  My dad took us shopping for us to pick out gifts for her.  As I search the store, I found a pair of shoes I thought was perfect for her.  There was a slight problem; they were sold out of her size.  So being young and not understanding the size of the shoe matters, especially when open toed shoes are concerned, I insisted on us buying the next size up that they had.  They were about 2 sizes too big.  Dad tried to talk me out of them, but there was no changing my mind.  My sister did a little better, but on a limited budget of a child, a real gold ring was out of the question.  It was a beautiful gold flower looking ring with a fake pearl in the middle.  As you can imagine, my mom was overjoyed with our wonderful gifts.  Being a loving mom, she even wore these wonderful gifts out in public when we asked about them shortly after giving them to her.  I can only imagine how she felt trying to walk in shoes that she could barely keep on her feet and a ring that turned her finger green.  We believed she loved our gifts so much when she would tell people that we had given her the shoes and ring, but I now know she just wanted to make sure everyone knew she would never buy these items for herself.

 Learn from my mistake… take the time to find out your mom’s sizes when you go shopping. 

 Here are a few great looks to purchase for mom on Mother’s Day that are sure to be a hit.  And if you can’t decide what that perfect gift is, let her pick out exactly what she wants with a gift card that is sure to make her day. 

 
 
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment